I’m deeply honoured to be nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by Apple! I’m so grateful and humbled by this fantastic opportunity! Thank you ever so much! Please visit her amazing blog: she’s a warm-hearted soul with some truly inspirational and uplifting content throughout her blog. Anyone who’s seeking some comfort and encouragement through their blogging journey, feel free to follow her site! Two personal favourites of mine have been her 10 Simple Tips to Make Life Easier and Open Letter To Myself. She’s definitely worth your time! 😀
The aim of the Sunshine Blogger Award is to help spread love and support for each other throughout the blogging community, so if you’re nominated, here are some rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog so others can find them.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
- Notify the nominees about it by commenting on one of their blog posts.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or your blog site.
1. What is your favourite pet?
Dogs! ❤ They comfort you when times get rough, they’re amazing confidantes who will never judge your faults & they’ll always happy to see you again! Plus most of them are fluffy goofballs who love being cuddled and fussed over, so there’s that. 🙂
2. What is your birthstone?
My birthstone is Garnet. It’s a luscious deep red gemstone, like a pomegranate seed (its name comes from the Latin word “granatus,” meaning “seedlike”). It’s the birthstone for those born in January, and has been found in Bronze Age jewellery dating back 3000 BC (When Troy was founded and Stonehenge was first being built as wooden posts! Wow!).
Fun Greek mythology: Like the pomegranate, the garnet is also an ancient symbol of everlasting friendship and indissoluble marriage, often exchanged between parting friends to promise a quick return (Hades gifted a pomegranate to Persephone before she left the Underworld to spend half the year with her mother Demeter, as Goddess of Spring). So that’s nice. 🙂
3. What is your dream job?
At the moment, I’d love to hopefully become a bookseller, either at a local indie bookshop catering for local demand or a major national store such as Waterstones. I’ve become much better at empathising with people as a active listener through the last three years’ working in retail, yet writing is how I truly express my inner self; so I’d love a job that could combine my people skills with my love of books to bring joy and new interests to others.
4. Who is your favourite person and why?
There are so many wonderful people that I’m close to in my life. I’d have to say: my parents, for teaching me good manners and self-confidence in my own abilities, and my brother for always being a rock to stand on and showing how to live a more relaxed life. My favourite actor would probably be Tom Hardy – he’s an incredibly talented actor & an all-round decent guy.
5. Who is your favourite author?
So many choices! J. K. Rowling and Roald Dahl are right up there with C. S. Lewis and Lee Child, but my all-time favourite’s got to be J. R. R. Tolkien – Lord of the Rings is such a timeless classic!
6. What is your favourite quote?
Argggh, so many to choose! 😀 Hmmm…my favourite uplifting movie quote is probably from Iron Man; it’s so simple, so undramatic, yet so profoundly inspiring. It’s this line that gets Tony Stark back on his feet, be a hero, and kick-start the iconic Marvel Cinematic Universe.
Tony Stark: I shouldn’t do anything. They’re gonna kill me, you, either way; and if they don’t, I’ll probably be dead in a week.
Yinsen: Well then…this is a very important week for you, isn’t it?
7. What is the one thing you can’t live without?
Dark chocolate. 🙂 Relieves stress, helps protect against heart disease, improves your memory and brain power, tastes delicious!
8. What is your greatest fear?
Being a disappointment to people I admire – letting others down knowing I could have done better.
9. What is the bravest thing you ever did?
Ummm…picked up a spider and set it free outside? (It was a really BIG one!) 🙂
10. What is the silliest thing you did for love?
Did a school flash mob with two other mates for a school crush – we danced the Macarena to Bruno Mars’ ‘Marry You’!
11. If you have just one wish for yourself what would it be?
To live a happy, full life with people I love, to the end of my days.
Questions for my nominees:
- Where are you from?
- What animal would you best describe as your spirit animal?
- What’s your favourite season of the year and why?
- What’s your favourite book (or book series)?
- What’s your favourite film, TV show, and song?
- How do you like to wind down after a busy day?
- If you could tell your younger self one piece of advice, what would it be and why?
- Why did you start writing a blog?
- What do you hope to achieve for 2019?
- What have you enjoyed most about blogging so far?
- What would your best blogging tip be?
My Nominees Are:
If you would like to participate, thank you ever so much for your time! Happy blogging, everyone!
Tom 🙂 ❤