I’m truly honoured to be nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award once again: this time by The Pensieve! I’m so humbled and deeply grateful by this fantastic opportunity! Thank you ever so much! Please visit his amazing blog: he’s a visionary writer with a lovely sense of humour and a lyrical skill with words. One of my favourite posts of his has been his writing journey at All About Writing. He’s definitely worth your time! 😀
The aim of the Sunshine Blogger Award is to help spread love and support for each other throughout the blogging community, so if you’re nominated, here are some rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog so others can find them.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
- Notify the nominees about it on one of their own posts.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or your blog site.
1. What was the reason/inspiration behind you starting your blog?
Mainly wanting to get my debut historical novel out to a wider audience. I’ve had it finished and ready to publish for some time now, but I really wanted to use such a broad global platform to (hopefully) get some new feedback from bloggers who really know how to write well. (And also once you spend a lot of time on a particular project, you tend to loose focus on what new improvements you can make on it).
2. What are your current blogging goals? Any future ambitions?
At the moment? Keep building an online audience of fellow bloggers who like writing, hopefully by keeping people interested with new short stories every week. Writing short stories has been a real difference from novel writing, and I’ve really enjoyed that change of pace. For the future (and this is a BIG hope) I’d really like to get my debut historical novel published in 2019 (Part 1 and 2 are already up on my website). Beta feedback’s not always 100% useful, but I’m keen to get much more perspectives from fellow bloggers on what draws them into the story and what things hold their attention.
3. Who is your favourite fictional character? And why?
Haha, so many great choices! If I only had to pick one, my absolute favourite character would be Aragorn from The Lord of The Rings.
Why? He’s just an incredibly brave yet humble and all-round decent man who never seeks out power or kingship for himself, but who always steps up to a challenge for his friends and always tries to do the right thing. He’s a healer, a protector, and a loyal friend. Viggo Mortensen plays him beautifully in the film trilogy (literally one of the first things we see him do is defeat five undead Nazgul, alone, in the dark, with just a normal sword and a flaming torch. How awesome is that?) 😀
4. What is your favourite colour? And what does it mean to you?
Emerald green. To me, it means new life, regrowth, and the bright colours of Summer (always a great time of year!). It’s also the birthstone of May, for both my dad and my brother, which is super cool.
5. The best blog post you have ever read so far.
So far, one of my personal favourite blog posts has been 10 Simple Tips to Make Life Easier by Apple. It’s a great uplifting post for anyone seeking comfort and encouragement through their blogging journey, and it’s got some lovely reminders on how to live life well.
6. Fire or Water?
Probably water. Fire’s all about passion and emotion and new growth, but water’s really calming and deeply soothing (ever gone to sleep with the sound of the sea or the rain? It’s a great sound!) It’s about being adaptable, being fluid with the situation and doing your best to flow with new challenges, don’t try and obstruct them. Also, like Bruce Lee said:
7. What do you like the most about yourself?
Haha! 😀 As a Brit, this kind of question is our kryptonite, because we’re very reluctant at blowing our own trumpets. It’s like it’s ingrained into our psyche: MUST NOT PRAISE OWN QUALITIES. SHRUG OFF COMPLIMENTS AND DEPRECIATE SELF AT ALL COSTS.
Probably…good with dogs? Also calming down screaming infants in a supermarket (I used to work in retail checkout stuff, and EVERY kid who was yelling or crying would LOVE me doing the peekaboo game. The parents loved it too, so I got a lot of repeat fans from frazzled parents who just needed a break!)
8. Do you believe in spirit animals? If yes, then what is your spirit animal?
Wolves. They’re smart, fiercely loyal, brilliant team-players with lifelong bonds, who are deeply protective of their cubs.
9. Optimism Vs Pessimism. Your views.
Pessimism is no fun. At all. Like, perhaps you can pretend that you’re smarter than other people by somehow seeing the world for how cruel and ugly it really is, but honestly? Moping? That’s just…not fun. And super depressing. Seriously, wow dude. Lighten up.
So yeah, I’m more of an optimist. Call me a stupidly naive fool, sure. But do I see more positive outcomes from difficult challenges? I try to. Am I driven to follow my dreams and reach for the stars? More than I was. Here’s the thing: we’re all here together on a small rock hurtling through the chilly vastness of space. Yet you’ve still got people who deeply love you, we’re fast approaching the season of goodwill and gift-giving, and Bohemian Rhapsody is at #1 again. And just think: you could easily have been a flatworm.
10. According to you, what is life?
Hmmm. Tough one. Probably…to make a real difference. To actively give something back to the world, however small. More personally? To live a happy, full life with people I love, to the end of my days.
11. If I were to tell you that you have only a day to live and just one place you could go, then what would it be? And why?
Barr al Hikman Beach, Oman. It’s such a stunning picturesque beach of clear seas, white sand and rolling dunes, and it would be an incredibly peaceful place to spend the day with my closest family 🙂
Questions for my nominees:
- Where are you from?
- Do you think of yourself more as an early bird or night owl?
- What is your birthstone?
- What’s your favourite season of the year and why?
- What’s a favourite quote that’s really inspired you?
- If you could choose one fantasy world to visit for a day, which one would it be?
- How do you like to wind down after a busy day?
- What would your dream job be?
- Why did you start blogging?
- What have you enjoyed most about blogging so far?
- Which of your own blog posts would you recommend to new readers first?
My Nominees Are:
If you would like to participate, thank you ever so much for your time! Happy blogging, everyone!
Tom 🙂 ❤