The wonderful Mel Finch of Crushed Caramel has nominated me for the Mystery Blogger Award! Thank you ever so much, Mel! Please check out her blog – she’s a bubbly writer with a beautiful uplifting personality and some sparkling stories to tell!
What is the Mystery Blogger Award?
‘An award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.’
– Okoto Enigma
Awww! 😀 Thanks Mel, for nominating me for such a flattering award! ❤
Some general rules:
- Put the award logo/image on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link back to their blog.
- Answer the 5 questions from the blogger who nominated you.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify).
- Share a link to your best post(s).
Mel’s Five Questions:
1. Are there any events, experiences or people that you would either like to remember with clearer detail…or else completely eradicate from your memory?
I’d like to remember my paternal grandparents better. I’ve only got distant precious memories of my grandma, and just black/white photos of my grandpa, but they seemed like a perfect couple for each other and fantastic parents for my dad in their golden days! I miss them both very much.
2. If you start to become stressed or anxious, is there something that you do to quiet down your worries?
Humming random tunes to myself (the worst they are, the better 😛 ). Slow, steady breathing helps a lot. Or choosing a good book to get immersed in. Or calling my brother or aunt for a chat in the evenings. It all works a treat!
3. Do you have a favourite scent, perfume or cologne?
Rain (or petrichor) *adjusts brainy specs* – it’s a really earthy scent that’s pretty refreshing, especially on bare soil or newly-mown grass.
4. Have you or one of your family had to overcome an enormous challenge in your life?
Being born was pretty tough. I was very premature (almost four months early), so had to be kept on life support in an incubator for the first few weeks. My parents were very worried if I was going to make it, but somehow I powered through, and twenty-five years later…here I am, still going strong!
5. Do you sing out loud when you are on your own? Or even when you have company? (funny)
Haha, all the time! It helps that I’ve joined a local choir as a Bass singer, so that’s great. ♫
Three Things About Myself:
- I prefer one-on-one close intimate chats rather than large group conversations – I’m much better at listening than talking. I often get uneasy around large sprawling crowds – it’s not as bad as agoraphobia, just a wariness about losing track of people you’re familiar with.
Once we visited Ottery St Mary Tar Barrels, where they run with flaming barrels through the streets (yes, you heard right, that’s an official thing here in Devon – it’s how we roll in the Shire 😀 ) and I briefly got separated from my family (thankfully not long). The huge jostling crowds all wearing dark clothes, losing sight of my family – pretty scary for a young boy like me!
- I always prefer paying in cash when I can – using credit cards with outstanding future payments is not for me. There’s something very reassuring about immediately paying for something rather than worrying about surprise credit statements at the end of the month (plus it’s way easier to control your spending too!)
- I am a massive dog fan – they’re just the best pets to hang out with. They comfort you when times get tough, they’re loyal companions who never judge your faults, and they’re always excited to see you again! Plus many of them are fluffy goofballs who love being cuddled and fussed over. So that’s great. 😀 (Despite never owning pets in our house, my cousins & aunts all love having dogs themselves, so it’s always lovely when they come to visit!)
My Best Post(s):
Well…if we’re talking about a post which got a very positive reaction from readers – probably Trust Fall. I was really surprised how much it resonated with people from all over the world, even when it’s only 700 words long! Also there’s a therapy dog in it, and dogs are always such fun to write
(he says, not having any bias whatsoever). Huge thank you to everyone who’s enjoyed it so far! 😀 ❤
Stowaway was a lot of fun to write – and got a great reaction from readers too! It was a nice change to have a go at writing fantasy. Plus tiny adorable dragons = always a win. 🔥 More short stories coming soon!
My ‘Talented Twenty-Five’ Choices:
I know, I know. I’m bending the rules a bit *ducks rotten tomatoes* just bear with me, guys *dodges flying eggs*. I’ve met so many great bloggers in this community, and even if all twenty-five people would prefer not to take part in the Award, that doesn’t mean they shouldn’t get mentioned for new readers, right?
Anyway, these are some of the best bloggers I’ve had the pleasure of getting to know through the wonderful WordPress community. They truly love blogging, and their passion shines through in the fantastic content they produce. It’s great to link new readers together and build awareness of some amazing bloggers. Please check out their incredible blogs below: you’re in for a treat! 😀
Sadje, of Keep It Alive
Devika, of At The Frontiers
Elizabeth, of Echo Edition
M. L. Davies, of Uninspired Writers
Dr Tanya, of Salted Caramel
Nia, of Reflections and Life Lessons
Atara, of Atara’s Ideas
Cadie, of Cadie’s Corner
River, of The Stories In Between
Jenna, of The Sunshine Artist
Elixir, of BadArt
Ket, of Cynical Souls
Uzma, of Wit & Words
Elijah, of Elijah Likes Writing
Pradnya, of Peppered With Stories
Simo, of Simsss Dairy
Bryan, of A Crack In The Pavement
Stella, of Giggles and Tales
Whew. That was a long list, wasn’t it? Still reading this far? Awesome!
My Five Questions:
- What motivates you to continue blogging?
- Favourite blogging or writing advice?
- What do you hope 2019 will bring for your blog?
- Do you have a favourite book or film that you never get tired of?
- What four words best describe you? (funny question)
I understand if any nominees would prefer not to nominate others with this Award, and that is totally fine. There’s no obligation to continue it onwards, but you all bring such great content to the wider WordPress family – it would be lovely to connect new bloggers and help build a closer interlinked community! 😀
Feel free to spread the love and pay it forward! Happy blogging, everyone! Keep being amazing, and hope you have a wonderful Christmas!