The superb Sadje, creator of Keep It Alive, has kindly nominated me for a second Mystery Blogger Award! Thank you ever so much! Please visit her blog – she’s an inspirational blogger who writes from the heart and is one of my favourite people in my blogging circle. Her blog is ever-growing with a wonderful mix of poetry, daily Word Prompts, Photo Challenges, gripping short stories, and much more! She’s definitely worth your time! 😀
What is the Mystery Blogger Award?
‘An award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.’
– Okoto Enigma
Thanks Sadje for nominating me for a truly humbling award! ❤ I’m thrilled by such a great opportunity to meet new bloggers! 😀
Some general guidelines:
- Put the award logo/image on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link back to their blog.
- Answer the 5 questions from the blogger who nominated you.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify).
- Share a link to your best post(s).
Sadje’s Five Questions:
1. What is the more important thing for you, your day job or blogging?
Finding a day job (at the moment). It’s far more valuable to provide for your loved ones and earn a decent living. Everyone’s trying their best to put food on the table, right?
Even so *audience gasps*, leaving my previous job before Christmas has actually been a blessing in disguise, as it’s freed up much more time to devote to something I’ve come to love – blogging and sharing short stories around the world with readers who enjoy them. I mean, sure: it’s not putting food on the table at the moment, but there’s that old nugget of wisdom – ‘do what you love.’ Well, I love what I do, writing and sharing flash fiction with (hopefully!) eager readers who look forward to new content.
2. What are your plans for the coming year?
Honestly? Just keep doing what I love – sharing new short stories with readers who will enjoy them. Hopefully find a local job soon that can combine my people-skills with my long-standing bookishness.
I’d like to get the chance to publish my short stories as an anthology (or my debut historical thriller) in a small hardcover book, as something readers feel is worth buying and re-reading. That would be a great personal trophy for me! 🏆
3. Has any of your blog posts received a surprise response?
If you have a moment to spare, I’d love you to check out my three personal favourite short stories so far:
I truly loved writing them & I was deeply humbled by the positive response from other bloggers too, especially since they’re only 1000 words long at most! All three seemed to resonate well with readers from all over the world & still remain vivid yet distinct from each other. 🦋 Massive thank you to everyone who’s enjoyed them so far! ❤
4. A cat or dog, which one do you have as a pet or would like to?
DOGS! As a close busy family we’ve never actually owned a dog ourselves, but our relatives all do, so it’s always great when they come to visit! Dogs are just…awesome. They’re loyal companions who always get excited to see you again, they’re a huge comfort through rough patches, and many of them just love being pampered. 😀
5. What is one habit you want to give up?
Worrying too much. When I’m deciding whether or not to try something new, I still tend to dwell on the negative possibilities first, rather than all the positive outcomes – so I’d really like to make a conscious change to ‘hey, this is a really exciting thing you could try out – worth giving it a go!’ It’s something I keep having to remind myself – slow going, but I’ll get there eventually!
Three things about myself:
1. I’ve got blonde hair, blue-grey eyes and way too many freckles to count.
2. I like summer for the long lazy warm evenings, and winter for its crisp frosty mornings.
3. I love curling up with a good book in the evening and getting lost in the author’s vivid imagination.
My ‘Terrific Twenty’ Bloggers:
Here are some fantastic bloggers I’ve had the pleasure of getting to know through the wonderful WordPress community. They truly love blogging, and their passion shines through in the wonderful content they produce. It’s great to link new readers together and build awareness of some amazing bloggers. Please check out their incredible blogs below: you’re in for a treat! 😀
Lexie – Reading By Starlight
Pooja – Life’s Fine Whine
Giulia – The High-Heeled Papergirl
Harley – Passion & Chaos
M. L. Davies – Uninspired Writers
Riya – World of My Thoughts
Matthew – The Unfinished Scripts
My Five Questions:
1. What makes you happiest about your blog?
2. Has your blog changed much since you first started it?
3. What motivates you to continue blogging?
4. What’s your favourite blogging or writing advice?
5. What five words best describe you? (funny question)
These are optional: I appreciate if any bloggers would prefer not to answer personal questions or nominate others with this Award, and that is totally okay. There’s no obligation to continue it onwards, but you all bring such great content to the wider WordPress family – if you’d like to participate it would be a great opportunity for other bloggers to learn more about you and your blog. It’s always fun to connect new bloggers and help build a closer interlinked community! 😀
Feel free to spread the love and pay it forward! Happy blogging, everyone! Hope you have a lovely week!